Drug users will go to great lengths to hide and sustain their addiction, including using nicknames for their drug of choice.
Whether you’re simply wanting to stay informed or have concerns someone you love is an addict, it’s a good idea to know the common street names for popular drugs.
Keep reading to learn more about these popular street names for commonly abused drugs.
Benzodiazepines are a sedative, with hypnotic and sleep-inducing qualities.
1. Ativan, or lorazepam, Halcion, or triazolam, and Librium, or Chlordiazepoxide. All share the common street names of Candy, Sleeping Pills, Tranks, or Downers.
2. Rohypnol, or flunitrazepam. This is most commonly known as the Date Rape Drug but is also called Circles, the Forget-Me pill, Lunch Money, La Rocha, Mexican Valium, Roofies, Wolfies, and the Mind Eraser.
3. Klonopin, or clonazepam. You’ll also hear it referred to as Super Valium, Pin, K-Pin, and K.
4. Valium, or diazepam. This one is commonly called Jellies, Eggs, Moggies, or Vallies.
5. Xanax, or alprazolam. This one has a multitude of nicknames, including Footballs, Bicycle Handle Bars, Bars, French Fries, Ladders, School Bus, Hulk, Xan, Xanies, Zan, Z-Bars, Zanbars, and Zannies.
As the name implies, these cause vivid hallucinations.
1. Ketamine. Also known as Vitamin K, Cat Valium, Blind Squid, Green, K, K-Hold, Special K, and Super Acid.
2. Kratom. More commonly known as Herbal Speedball, Ketum, Thom, Biak-biak, Ithang, or Kahyam.
3. LSD. You’ll hear it called Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, Blotter, Acid, Electric Kool Aid, Dots, and Purple Haze.
4. Mushrooms. Also referred to as Mushies, Boomers, Alics, Caps, Cow Patties, Fungus, Magic, Hongos, Shrooms, Pizza Toppings, and Tweezes.
5. PCP, or phencyclidine. You’ll hear this called Angel Dust, Yellow Fever, Butt Naked, Dust, Rocket Fuel, Zombie, and Purple Haze.
These are some of the most popular and common street drugs around, some natural and others synthetic.
1. Black Tar Heroin. Listen for Mexican Tar and Chiva. When mixed with Cocaine, it’s known as Speedball.
2. Cocaine. This one has a slew of nicknames, including Blow, Bump, Batman, Bump C Blowcaine, Candy, Charlie, Coke, Crack, Coca, Dust, Flake, Aunt, Colombia, Stardust, Gringa, Line, Powder, Snow, Rock, White Girl, and Rail.
3. Heroin. You’ll also hear it called Black Tar, Black Stuff, Black Pearl, Dragon, Dope, Brown Rhine, Brown Crystal, Brown Tape, Brown Sugar, Mexican Mud, Junk, Horse, China White, Mexican Horse, The Dragon, He, H, Mud, Snowball, White, White Nurse, White Girl, White Stuff, White Boy, Scat, Black, and Mud.
4. Marijuana. Also known, among other names, as Ashes, 420, Giggle Smoke, Bo-Bo, Giggle Weed, Dinkie Dow, Good Giggles, Flower Power, Grass, Hash, Dope, Bomber, Bobo Bush, Bud, Boom, Broccoli, Chronic, Cheeba, Dagga, Ding, Dona Juana, Flower, Blunt, Blanket, Jane, Mary Jane, Green, Herb, Reefer, Skunk, Trees, Weed, MJ, and Joy Stick.
5. MDMA or Ecstasy. This party drug is also called Candy, Egg Rolls, E-Bomb, Eve, Happy Pills, Malcom, Vitamin E, Vitamin X, Lover’s Speed, Malcolm X, XTC, Smartees, Snacks, Uppers, and The Vowel.
There Are More Common Street Names For Drugs Than You Know
This is by no means a complete list of the common street names for drugs.
Informing yourself so you know and understand this street lingo, however, could help you recognize drug abuse in friends or loved ones.
If you or someone you know is addicted to drugs and is looking for a Florida rehab center, contact us to get started on the road to recovery today.